Psychiatric Services in Asheville, NC
“Mental health problems don’t define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but, importantly, YOU ARE NOT THE RAIN.”
~ Matt Haig
(Serving ages 18 and up)
Accepted Insurance Providers: BCBS
Helping adults discover ways to integrate psychiatric medication management into their lives from a holistic, collaborative, and team-oriented approach.
Sometimes life can feel unmanageable, out of control, spiraling. The good news is this does not have to be permanent. Our Asheville mental health team is here to help you. Healing is possible, and you deserve to thrive!
Do you feel like you don’t have enough energy, that you’re overwhelmed, or sad? Do you feel like you have mood swings where the highs are extreme and the lows are unbearable?
There is nothing wrong with needing additional support and asking for help. This doesn’t mean that you’re broken or that you need fixing. Sometimes our brains are simply misfiring, and psychiatric medication and care can help get things wired again.
Do any of the following resonate with you?
- You’ve tried medication before, and it didn’t work, leaving you frustrated and wanting to give up.
- It’s taken you months to get in with a new psychiatrist only to find that they didn’t listen to or validate your experiences.
- You feel like pills are just being pushed on you without taking into account other parts of your life.
- The meds you’ve tried before have made you feel like a zombie, or so tired that you couldn’t get through the day.
- It seems like everyone wants quick fixes for you without actually learning how to get to the root of the issues and cope with them in a healthy way.
Sadly, all of the above are very common in the mental health world. At Resilient Mind Counseling in Asheville, NC, we strive to be different and to make sure that you know that YOU ARE THE AUTHOR OF YOUR OWN STORY.
Some experiences that people have when seeking out psychiatric medication or psychiatrists:
- Feeling flat, like you don’t even remember what it’s like to enjoy life anymore.
- You feel like you can’t stop worrying about the future and the things you can’t control.
- Hobbies are not interesting anymore, and you’ve noticed yourself distancing yourself from the people you care about.
- You have trouble sleeping, and end up tossing and turning all night.
- Feelings of numbness, hopelessness, and a lack of joy.
- Your mind starts racing at bedtime, and you think about everything and anything.
- Mood swings range from high to low, and sometimes the people in your life say they don’t recognize you anymore.
- You find yourself being impulsive, making risky decisions, or not thinking about the consequences of your actions.
- Experiencing intense panic attacks that are so intense that it feels like a heart attack.
- You can’t concentrate on getting things done and constantly feel overwhelmed or confused.
- Having nightmares that feel so real that you can’t go back to sleep.
- You simply do not have enough energy to get through the day.
If these sound true for you, we want you to know that you’re not alone. One in three people struggle with mental health symptoms. Asking for help is courageous and allows you to thrive again. Our Psychiatric Provider can help you regain your sense of self.
Psychiatric Medication Management helps you manage your mental health symptoms and allows you to get back to a place where you can function again.
Psychiatric medication can be a bridge to healing. We use the medication in a tool kit alongside therapy and skills that we integrate together as a mental health team. We would like to see people less reliant on medication and will create a holistic plan to facilitate lasting healing.
This means that you’ll spend less money in the long run. Compared to where a prescriber just throws pill after pill at you. That is a band-aid fix and not a long-term solution.
We know that oftentimes psychiatric medication treats symptoms, not people, so our prescriber works alongside our clinicians to ensure that, if you need medication, it’s to support the hard work you’re doing in therapy, not replacing it.
What makes Resilient Mind Counseling in North Carolina truly unique is that our prescriber, Bennett Harris, is not only a psychiatric provider but also a licensed clinical mental health counselor (LCMHC). He incorporates trauma healing and teaches coping skills in every session.
Say goodbye to those 10- to 15-minute visits that make you feel more like a number than a name, and say hello to an individualized 30- to 60-minute plan of action that incorporates both trauma treatment and psychiatric care.
Ready to start Psychiatric Care in Asheville, NC?
At Resilient Mind Counseling, we want to improve mental health not just mask the symptoms. That is why our psychiatric provider and therapists work together to ensure the best course of action for you when it comes to psychiatric medication. If you are ready to start a plan customized to your individual needs follow the following steps.
Other Asheville Mental Health Services We Offer
Our team of Asheville mental health professionals offers multiple services to help you no matter what you’re going through. Our dedicated therapists offer anxiety treatment, mood and bipolar disorder treatment, depression treatment, and PTSD Treatment. Plus marriage counseling and couples therapy in order to support you in your relationship. Additionally, we offer LGBTQIA+ therapy, neurodivergent therapy, and BIPOC therapy. Don’t live near Asheville, NC but are still interested in speaking with one of our therapists? We offer online therapy to North Carolina residents.