“What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.”
~ Glenn Close
(Serving ages 12 and up)
Accepted Insurance Providers: BCBS
Helping adults and adolescents discover ways to integrate psychiatric care into their lives from a collaborative, holistic wellness perspective.
Sometimes life can feel unmanageable and that’s OK. In our society, people tend to struggle with the shame and stigma of experiencing mental health symptoms.
Do you feel like you don’t have enough energy, overwhelmed, or sad? Do you feel like the highs are extreme and the lows are unbearable?
There is nothing wrong with needing additional support and asking for help. This doesn’t mean that you’re broken or that you need fixing. Sometimes our brains are simply misfiring, and psychiatric care can help get things wired again.
Do any of the following resonate with you?
- You feel so flat that you don’t even remember what it’s like to enjoy life anymore.
- You feel numb, emotionless, and without joy.
- You don’t have hobbies anymore, and you’ve noticed yourself distancing yourself from the people you care about.
- You feel like you can’t stop worrying about the future and the things you can’t control.
- You have trouble sleeping, and end up tossing and turning all night.
- Your mind starts racing at bedtime, and you think about everything and anything.
- Your moods swing from high to low, and sometimes the people in your life say they don’t recognize you anymore.
- You find yourself being impulsive, making risky decisions, or not thinking about the consequences of your actions.
- Your panic is so intense that it feels like you’re having a heart attack.
- You have nightmares that feel so real that you can’t go back to sleep.
- You can’t concentrate on getting things done and constantly feel overwhelmed or confused.
- You simply do not have enough energy to get through the day.
If these sound true for you, we want you to know that you’re not alone. One in three people struggle with mental health symptoms. Asking for help is courageous and allows you to thrive again and regain your sense of self.
Psychiatric Services Helps You Manage Your Mental Health Symptoms and Allows You to Get Back to Baseline
At Resilient Mind Counseling, we do not believe that psychiatric care needs to be forever but that a combination of psychiatric services and therapy can create the best plan for success.
Psychiatric services can be a bridge to healing. We use psychiatric care in a tool kit alongside therapy and skills that we integrate together as a team. We would like to see people less reliant on psychiatric care and will create a holistic plan to facilitate lasting healing.
We know that oftentimes psychiatric services treat symptoms, not people, so our prescriber works seamlessly with our clinicians to ensure that, if you need psychiatric care, it’s to support the hard work you’re doing in therapy, not replacing it.
What makes Resilient Mind Counseling truly unique is that our prescriber, Bennett Harris, is not only a psychiatric provider but also a licensed clinical mental health counselor (LCMHC).
Say goodbye to those 10- to 15-minute visits that make you feel more like a number than a name, and say hello to an individualized 30- to 60-minute plan of action that incorporates both trauma treatment and psychiatric care.