Therapy for Trauma
“Trauma creates change you don’t choose. Healing creates change you do choose.”
~ Michael Rosenthal
Helping adults and adolescents stop being ashamed of themselves and start being proud of who they are.
Life can feel out of control even when you don’t know why.
Most people who start Therapy for Trauma feel lost in life on some level, unsure of how to find their way. Maybe your days start to blur together or you feel like you want to escape your life. Perhaps you blame yourself for things that have happened in your past that weren’t your fault.
Stuck in negativity and feeling out of control, you may feel like life is spent constantly feeling “on edge.”
“Do You Feel Hypervigilant, Scared, Ashamed?”
Self-care is not an indulgence or a selfish act. In fact, it is especially important to take care of yourself when you have the responsibility of caring for others.
Do any of the following resonate with you?
- You’re constantly on edge, feeling like you want to crawl out of your own skin?
- Do you have nightmares, flashbacks, or painful memories?
- Restless, like you can’t sit still?
- You feel like there’s always something better, like the grass is always greener?
- Are you feeling disconnected or outside of your body like you’re looking in?
- You feeling stuck, frozen, or paralyzed with fear?
- You don’t understand why certain smells, sounds, or images create unbearable emotion?
- You feel dread, fear, strange thoughts, and a pounding heart.
- You know that sadness isn’t helpful but getting out of it alone isn’t possible.
- You feel like you are wandering through life, feeling like something is missing or your balance is “off.”
If these sound true for you, I want you to know that even though you might feel like a failure for needing help, that couldn’t be further from the truth. It takes courage to become aware about what you are going through and ask for help.
Therapy for Trauma Can Help You Feel Like Your Real Self Again
It’s possible to feel better. Imagine a life where you could
- Regain your power and sense of control.
- Stop using substances to cope with the pain.
- Improve your relationship with yourself and those you choose to share yourself with.
- Create a more meaningful life based on who you are and what you desire.
- Get to the root problems and solve those instead of using band-aids.
- Have the loving relationships you’ve always wanted.
Regain your control and sense of self
Therapy for Trauma helps you rise above your challenges and start moving toward your ideal life with less confusion and more confidence.
You will get a toolbox of practical actions you need to feel safer in your relationships and finally resolve things from your past.
Even if you are fearful about talking about your childhood, Therapy for Trauma may be able to help.
We’ve helped people struggling, who feel like they’re drowning in shame, judgment, and lack of control. Our clients learn ways to take back their power and regain a sense of control. Our clients learn to love themselves again and have healthy, secure relationships. Contact us for more information.