Therapy For Black, Indigenous, and People Of Color (BIPOC) in North Carolina
“History has shown us that courage can be contagious, and hope can take on a life of its own.” ~ Michelle Obama
Your BIPOC Identity
You don’t have to hide your experiences or suffer in silence anymore. You may feel like it’s not OK or SAFE to take up space. Society tells you that if you look different than the status quo, you don’t belong or that you’re not worthy of support. Our multicultural counselors understand. We know that sometimes it feels safer to handle “problems” alone or in the family. Additionally, we know that it’s a struggle for the BIPOC community to receive quality care for mental health therapy. Especially from people who look like YOU. Resilient Mind Counseling in North Carolina takes an anti-racist approach. It is one of our CORE values and it is a non-negotiable for us. We know that the BIPOC community feels scared, traumatized, alone, and unseen. BIPOC is beautiful, BIPOC is unique, and BIOPC deserves healing and connection.
“In times of crisis, the wise build bridges while the foolish build barriers.” – T’Challah Black Panther
It’s not selfish to prioritize caring for yourself. You don’t have to always put work or your family’s needs over your own. In fact, you can be a better you for others if you take care of yourself first.
As part of the BIPOC community do any of the following resonate with you?
- Feelings of being alone, scared, or fearful all the time
- You’re concerned for your family every time they go out in public. Meaning you have to talk with your kids about how to “act” in public to be safe
- Working 100000x harder than everyone else to move through this world. As well as gain recognition and “belong”. Which is FUCKING EXHAUSTING
- You’ve been discriminated against due to the color of your skin
- At work you’ve been passed up for promotions or overlooked
- You feel like it’s unsafe to show your true colors, personality, and authentic voice
Self-care is not a selfish act and it certainly doesn’t make you weak. Resilient Mind Counseling knows that BIPOC communities don’t always have equal access to care. Additionally, it can feel like they can’t talk about their problems with strangers. We want to change that with our multicultural counseling. So it is tailored to YOUR experiences.
BIPOC & Multicultural Counseling Can Help You Step Into & Love Yourself Without Explanation or Shame
- Embrace your power, your authenticity, and your voice
- Move through this world feeling confident and shed yourself of shame
- Work through institutionalized racism, microaggressions you may experience, and discrimination
- Learn coping skills to repair generational trauma within the family system
- Have a safe space to process your feelings without fear, shame, or judgment
- Open up with someone who gets it. Someone who looks like you and experiences similar struggles
- Heal eras of oppression and segregation
Our Stance to Healing in BIPOC & Multicultural Counseling
There is no shame in asking for help. Our multicultural counselors based in Asheville, NC are here to support you in your healing journey. From wherever you are located in North Carolina with online therapy. We believe
- Black lives matter
- Black is beautiful
- In a racist society, it’s not good enough to be Non-Racist. We must be Anti-Racist- Angela Davis
- Every single immigrant we have, undocumented or documented, is a future American
- “We are a multicultural country – always have been, and to our credit, always will be. It is something that we should be very proud of and embrace.” – Cheech Marin
Get Support in BIPOC & Multicultural Counseling in North Carolina?
Our multicultural counselors understand that you need support from someone who understands. As part of the BIPOC community, you experience things that so many others will never have to. At Resilient Mind Counseling in Asheville, NC we want to make sure you can receive support tailored to those experiences. It can be difficult to take the first step of connecting with a therapist, However, we want to help by simplifying the process. Start by following these steps:
- Contact us today and get a free consultation.
- Have your first appointment with an understanding multicultural counselor
- Feel supported and empowered as BIPOC
Counseling Services that We Offer Throughout North Carolina.
At Resilient Mind Counseling, we believe in providing inclusive counseling services. This is why we also provide supportive therapy for those who identify as Neurodivergent and LGBTQ. Our online therapists in North Carolina also provide anxiety treatment and depression treatment. As well as mood disorder treatment, and trauma therapy. For accessibility, we provide these services through online therapy in North Carolina. Additionally, we have a provider who prescribes psychiatric medication in Asheville, NC.