In these uncertain times, it is important to take precautions when we have the ability to do so. I decided to move my counseling practice to 100% telehealth/online therapy sessions as of two weeks ago. Not only is social distancing the responsible thing to do, but in the case of a pandemic, it is also the ethical thing to do when the choice allows itself.
At Resilient Mind Counseling, we want you to feel comfortable and safe, and we take your health and well-being seriously.
We cannot possibly do person-to-person therapy right now with the risk of exposure and contamination so high. We believe that flattening the curve is important and recognize this change can feel uncomfortable, as most changes do. These changes are being implemented for your safety and the safety of our community as a whole.
What is telehealth (online therapy sessions) and is it for me?
- Online therapy is a way to maintain a professional counseling relationship virtually. We rely so much on technology these days and that extends into the counseling/therapeutic relationship.
- Visits are over the internet with a wifi connection, similar to Skype or Facetime, but are HIPPA compliant to ensure the protection of your health information. We use Simple Practice’s online platform. We will send you your own individualized link to sign in to the online counseling room.
- All you need is a wifi connection, smartphone, or tablet/laptop.
- Payments for services/copays are still collected just as they are in person via the Ivy Pay app which is also HIPPA compliant.
- You can do telehealth from the comfort of your home, office setting, car (provided you have wifi), etc. You can do telehealth in your pajamas or whatever feels the most comfortable for you.
- Your pets can be around you : ) Whatever makes you feel comforted can be at your side.
If you or someone you know would benefit from therapy, Resilient Mind Counseling is accepting new clients in the North Carolina area. We are in-network with BCBS, Aetna, United, Mission Medcost, Medcost, and accept private pay.
During the coronavirus, we are offering a “pay what you can” sliding scale for people who have lost their jobs or are struggling with financial uncertainty.
We offer free 15-minute telehealth consultations to allow you to determine whether or not our online therapists are the right fit for you.
Feel free to follow me on Facebook for updates/tips and for blog posts with helpful information.